All 5 art Reviews

happy face happy face

I'm learning to make myself a better artist; your style has caught my eye immensely and I was wondering if you could explain your texture. Is it one filter? have you used layers on this or is it painted on one layer? Any details are greatly appreciate.

mattmattymattymatt responds:

well... i use manga studio 5 and photoshop for the post editing, the texture, if it is what i think mean by that, its a photoshop filter, i duplicate the layers one with soft noise and one with more heavy one
(noise is the name of the filter) then i delete parts of the hard one on places with more focus, im not sure if i did that on this painting but i do that normally.

for the post editing it is one layer, before that i normally had a sketch layer, then i make a blocking layer, this is just to block the sillouette, dosent matter the color, then with the blocking layer layed down i put the base colors in and merge it with the blocking layer, then another one on top for the shadows and again i merge it, sooo yeah its not one layer but i pretty much add something then merge it over and over again till i have all my colors layed down and i start rendering in one layer.

its one layer after a while but not from the start.

hope it helped!.

ps- if you need to ask for something else you can send a private message.

Deva Vesna Deva Vesna

I hope I'm right in identifying this as a nod to Mucha. Great peace

Poliip Poliip

I for one have nothing to say about the character's props. I do for one greatly enjoy the hair work done. It's amazing! I've always wanted to be a 3-d modalist/character designer

mccabe86 responds:

Thanks! Go for it!

Lycan King Lycan King

Love the artwork man, you can't be qualified for the fact you used green and yellow. I just thought I'd let you know. You only can use red. (if that is the one color you choose)

'Alone' in the woods 'Alone' in the woods

I really like your hazy allusion and very realistic approach! Just wow.

Prodiac responds:

Thanks man, appreciate your review!